Mistress Monologues is a subsidiary of Nina's Known Universe. Click to return to the PORTAL page.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reality Rant One  


Image Unavailable

In the last few years I have risen and fallen on the coaster of confrontation. For a short period of time I took great pleasure in debating hot issues with others of differing points of view. However it soon became apparent that most people just want to argue without bringing any facts or common sense to the table. So lately I have been avoiding such discussions as I find myself even more emotional than those for whom I seek to reason with. Unfortunately my attempts to hold these feelings in has caused my system to shut down ALL emotions...not just the ranting ones.


So I did some soul searching and decided that the only way I could get my groove back was to start venting again. I thought about using my Facebook or Myspace account but I really prefer to keep those sites more social and fun saving my best rants for the solitude of my blog. Those who come here to read my blog will be doing so on purpose, thus no one will feel annoyed as they would were I to use my social connections for these ravings. To kick off the venting I am just going to hop from topic to topic. Essentially stating for the record where I stand on a few issues at the moment.


The United States of America is an English speaking country. People who wish to visit here or live here that were not born here are supposed to get permission, visa's, citizenship, etc. If you are vacationing here then get a tour guide to translate for you. If you are going to live here, learn the language. Speak whatever you want to your family but speak English to the rest of us. It is crazy when I think of my friend in Slovenia that speaks better English than half our residents and she has never even been here.


Yes I know a few people who know people who are fine upstanding members of society, who even pay their taxes, but who are not legally supposed to be here. To find that happy medium I love so much - I could get on board with a selective amnesty in which on a case by case basis citizenship would be granted to those illegals who have for the most part followed the rules and just flaked on the paperwork. But I will never get behind any blanket deal that just erases years of thumbing their noses at our border patrol and immigration laws.


The whole health care mess is almost beyond discussing at this point but here goes. If the government is funding the program then the taxpayers are the ones footing the bill. How in all that is logical does this sound good to anyone that works for a living? Then I read today that it was even suggested that enrollment in this magical government health plan funded by fictional non tax dollars be mandatory with a fine being imposed on any good citizen uninterested in participating!!


As far as I read the idea was squashed before it gained wide support. Yet it still disturbs me greatly that it was even suggested. This is the sort of thing that makes the democratic party look stupid and gives the republicans all the fuel they need to undermine any future suggestions that might actually have merit. Both parties should be abolished. Our electoral college is a total joke. There is no such thing as representation any more unless you are a key contributor to someone's election fund.


In this age of internet forums, blogs, IM's and podcasting there is really very little need for the sheer number of government employees and politicians we have panhandling and deal making at the capital. Congress should be made up of all of us out here in cyber space. A handful of moderators and a state of the art forum program would be all that would be needed to give each citizen time to voice their opinions, to be a part of the process. Bills would be written about 1 issue only without a lot of crap tacked on.


After issues were debated, national voting would take place by mail. Internet voting lacks the proper authentication plus several voters may share a pc. Not to mention that signature somehow makes it more meaningful.


Sadly it really doesn't matter how great an idea is. All that matters is what the masses want or are willing to live with. "Because that is how we have always done it" should be stricken from our vocabulary. Most people are perfectly happy with how things are so long as it doesn't really effect them.


Republicans cry when the Dems have control and then the Dems cry when the Pubs have control. Both run around trying so hard to make the other look bad. A Democrat could cure cancer and the Republicans would spin the story so that no one would believe the cure was real. Republicans could achieve world peace but the Democrats would spin it as a dictatorship and kill the idea.


Someday someone will suggest that they compromise so that everyone gets screwed equally. And right after that we will finally get our hover crafts. Of course that also means that Hell has frozen over so now there are demons roaming the Earth but you have to take the bad with the good right?

Photobucket

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



Imperial Gallery on Zazzle - Original Graphic Designs by Nina Nintius


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.